With a record breaking number of clients in attendance, the 13th Annual TeleTracking Client Conference – #TeleCon15 – opened on Monday, October 26th at the picturesque Westin Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV.
Michael Gallup, TeleTracking’s President, kicked off the morning’s general session recognizing the great work of the clients in attendance, and reiterated TeleTracking’s commitment to execute upon its expansive vision of getting patients to the right level of care the first time.
Scott Halford, an Emmy award winning writer and producer, achievement psychology expert, and founder and principal of Complete Intelligence, LLC, delivered an inspiring, dynamic keynote presentation on how to active your brain, become more productive and improve overall emotional intelligence.
The focus then shifted to the launch of TeleTracking’s new cloud-based platform – TeleTracking IQ™. The introduction of the platform demonstrates TeleTracking’s continued focus on enabling timely and purposeful patient services across the healthcare continuum by providing a streamlined user experience. “With TeleTracking IQ, our users are empowered to take their capabilities to the next level.” For example, health systems that use TeleTracking to manage transfers, referrals and direct admits will have one comprehensive view of access management that incorporates other tools that support their workflows, such as a view of the physician on-call schedule and a Community Access™ portal for referring physicians.
A client success story ended the morning general session with Derick Ziegler, Vice President, Regional Operations and Katie Morrissette, Senior Administrator, Telehealth, for Baptist Memorial Health Care in Memphis, Tennessee sharing their enterprise implementation journey. Baptist centralized patient placement of 13 facilities in a mere six months. Key points included information on how they integrated TeleTracking with their electronic medical record, the transformational culture change, and how they achieved support at the executive level.
The afternoon offered a wide range of interesting and informative breakout sessions and client success stories:
- Introducing Analytics on TeleTracking’s New Platform: This session highlighted the history of TeleTracking’s reporting and analytics offerings, and the roll-out of the new analytics solution. The intent of the new system and fit within the platform, features of the new solution, available services, the technical architecture, and roll-out and availability plan was also covered.
- Improving Core Measures & Patient Care with TeleTracking: Representatives from Frye Regional Medical Center discussed how they utilize TeleTracking’s PatientTracking Portal™ application to ensure compliance with Joint Commission and Medicare core care measures and have achieved 100% compliance.
- Growing Patient Referral Networks with the Newly Available Community Access™ Portal: TeleTracking’s web-based tool, Community Access™ Portal, is now available for health systems that are looking to grow their referral channels and enhance community care team alignment. The session covered the solutions that give care communities a radically streamlined new way to refer patients and automatically receive updates, as well as a discussion on how referral management is evolving.
- Transformation of an EVS Culture: Participants learned how the EVS Department at South Nassau Communities Hospital reduced overtime by 83%, saving the institution approximately $47,000.
- Understanding TeleTracking’s Technical Services Offerings: Participants gained a better understanding of patient research tools and techniques; learned how to personalize portal views; gained insight into how to maximize help files; and increased their knowledge of TeleTracking’s 24×7 Technical Support Department.
- Strategic Planning & Executive Strategies: Led by TeleTracking Consulting Services, this session focused on building the business case for patient flow management and executive teams, as well as managing change at mature organizations with embedded infrastructures.
- Increasing Patient Access through Technology & Process Redesign: Representatives from Ochsner Health System discussed how their ‘Culture of Yes Campaign’ helped them decrease missed transfers by 17%, and their Regional Referral Center is on target to grow transfer volume by 34% over 2014.
- Patient Transport Benchmark Project: The session focused on a benchmarking study TeleTracking collaborated on with the National Association of Healthcare Transport Managers (NAHTM) , including how the study was conducted, the trends discovered from the analysis of the data, and the next steps.
- Creating a Business Case for an IT Project: ‘How to Gain Attention & Support: Representatives from Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center detailed the seven phases of a business case where the emphasis is on influencing and gaining the support of key stakeholders.
- Effectively Managing Care Transition Planning: This session led by UPMC – Mercy reviewed the statistical data before TeleTracking which showed just how many unplanned discharges, readmissions and avoidable delays, and the progress that they’ve made since then.
In between sessions, clients also mingled in the Product Showcase which featured a number of new product sneak peeks, as well as kiosks promoting TeleTracking’s Client Community, Client Reference Program and TeleUniversity – a Knowledge for You learning initiative in 2015.
The day wrapped up with a Q&A session on TeleTracking’s new IQ platform, and a discussion of how Baptist Memorial Health Care successfully integrated its clinical EMR system and best of breed operational system – TeleTracking.
The evening brought everyone out to the stunning pool for a full moon and dinner reception, and got everyone “All Shook Up” with an Elvis impersonator performance.
Check out some of the pictures from day 1!