Healthcare leaders and professionals recently gathered at The King’s Fund: Digital Health and Care Congress 2016 in London. The theme of the two-day conference was – enabling patient centered care through information and technology – by exploring how technology and data can support the developments necessary to transform and sustain outcomes for patients and citizens across the globe.
The congress featured presentations and case studies from National Health Service [NHS] trusts, clinical commissioning groups, local authorities, voluntary sector organizations, universities and private sector providers. All of the presentations focused on innovative projects that use technology and data to deliver high-quality health and care services.
For the second consecutive year, a TeleTracking client spoke to the over 200 thought leaders present on the outcomes associated with TeleTracking’s award-winning patient flow technology.
Paul Davenport, Vice President Emergency Services and Care Management at Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, Virginia, discussed how the seven-hospital healthcare network achieved high reliability organization [HRO] status through the creation of the CTaC (Carilion Transfer & Communications Center), underpinned by TeleTracking solutions.
[Check out Carilion Clinic’s Mission Control Center – click here to watch the video.]
According to Davenport, the success of healthcare HRO’s is predicated on hyper-acute use of technology, and TeleTracking’s platform “affords his team the situational awareness to respond to and manage operational pressures in real time.”
In his presentation, Davenport spoke about the objectives and outcomes of Carilion’s centralized command center:
- Provides visibility and management across the seven-campus system (Operational Control)
- Leverages technology solutions (TeleTracking) to transform data into actionable information
- Manages all hospital/healthcare system patient throughput
- Real-time reporting of capacity status and incoming patient placement needs
- Predictive capabilities around capacity, admissions and discharges
The Carilion Clinic’s outcomes are as follows:
- 15% increase in transfer requests from 2012 to 2014
- 1,000 additional patients accepted per year whilst running at average occupancy of 95-98%
- Successfully added 38 (virtual) adult inpatient beds based on capacity data trends
- 50% decrease in housekeeping stat turn times
In his concluding remarks, Davenport stressed the importance of providing healthcare organizations with sustainable technology and data driven solutions, stating that the “use of real-time data allows managers to get to the root cause of issues as they occur and prevent future incidents. TeleTracking’s intuitive dashboards serve as a critical decision support mechanism and manage critical resources to best serve the community.”
For more testimonials from TeleTracking clients, we encourage you to join us October 9-12, 2016 in Naples, FL for our annual Client Conference. For more information or to register, click here. (Current TeleTracking customers only.)